Ergebnis 1 bis 11 von 11

Standard Warranty in Germany

Hi guys,
    i am constantly travelling to your country and from time to time i enjoy the wide variety of hardware available in Germany. But, i have a question related to warranty and warranty details. Why is there not listed on a large number of sites the actual warranty length. So for the x product you have xx amount of months warranty. Its like that here in Romania and its pretty much straight forward.
    I am browsing through a lot of online shops from .de and most dont have the warranty length displayed. Is it a general policy or is there something behind this?
    I already bought in the past things from alternate and hoh.de and for now i'm considering buying from e-bug(a couple of TR mosfet heatsinks for my mobo, maybe a velociraptor or a 4870x2).
    Nicht vergessen: deutsch ist nicht meine erste Sprache!

AwardFabrik Crew
    Redakteur

Standard

Hi MustRotate!

Your right, there ist a general policy in Germany!
    Every Shop has to give a two year warranty for new products.
    With used products, shops have to give a one year warranty.

Additional to this, some manufacturers give a longer warranty.
    But in general you'll get at least 2 years.
    [IMG]http://awardfabrik.de/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5744&d=1356713208[/IMG]

AF-hwbot-team

Standard

The warranty in Germany is limited to at least 24 months. That is required by our law, so every Product you buy in a german onlineshop will have a warranty of 24 months. For some products there is provided an extra warranty, that is where you find it displayed.

AF-hwbot-team Avatar von teurorist

Standard

6 month they have to change without any reason from your side after this 6 month the last 18 you have to tell them why they got broken and then they change
    the seller have the right to change it 2times he doesn't have to gave you the money at the 3 time you can join between money and change

and I'm not sure but they only have 2-4 weeks to change but often it is more ... and i'm not sure
    I eXtremecooling

AwardFabrik Crew
    Redakteur

Standard

Sry wenn ich es in deutsch schreibe, kA wie ich es in eng. schreiben soll.. (vll. übersetzt es ja jemand)

Aber da gibt es einen Unterschied zwischen Garantie und Gewährleistung. In D ist nur eine 2 jährige
    Gewährleistung seitens der Händler pflicht, die Garantie liegt beim Hersteller und ist eine freiwillige Leistung.

Btw liegt nach 6 Monaten eine Beweisumkehrlast vor, so muss der Käufer dem Verkäufer beweisen
    das man nicht selbst am Defekt schuld ist.

AwardFabrik Crew
    Redakteur

Standard

hast recht Chrisch, aber auch "Gewährleistung" ist auf Englisch "warranty"
    [IMG]http://awardfabrik.de/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5744&d=1356713208[/IMG]

Standard

Thanks for the quick feedback guys.
    But for example, the Velociraptor has a 5year warranty from WD but at e-bug(sorry to name it but i had to give an example) i cannot see where it says that this product has 5years of warranty. Or does this have only 2 years in Germany(from the shop) and another 3 from WD?

Standard

It's like teuro said: The first 6 months the seller have to fix it and then you have to proof that the product was defective. After two years there's no warranty fulfilled by the seller.
    The warranty by the manufacturer is not affected by the normal warranty. It's an extended warranty and sometimes connected with registration on manufacturer website and so on. Within the first two years you can choose between warranty by seller or manufacturer and then you got three additional years by WD.
    The Initial value finished
    PI calculation is done!

AF-hwbot-team Avatar von teurorist

Standard

and it is a different between warranty and warranty :Pp there is some times warranty for only one part ...
    a crazy example
    a fan producer gave you a life time warranty only on the plastic not on the motor so he is sure the motor stop working a long time before ... so he says may 25jears ore lifetime on the plastic
    I eXtremecooling

Standard

Ok but then another issue: i bought some time ago a cpu and a graphics board from an online shop in Germany. I am looking at the papers that were sent with the package are there isnt stated anywhere how much warranty i get on them. Nowhere.
    In Romania the warranty certificate clearly states the date of purchase and how much warranty you have. Isnt this the case in Germany? Am i to understand that my Q9450 has 6months of full warranty(to say so) and then i am gonna have to explained why he died at the seller?
    Its a little bit strange this thing with the non disclosed warranty.

Standard

A good shop will never force you to proof, why this or that happened to the product (if it's not obvious it was misused). So you cann use the warranty within two years, if your CPU is not broken into several pieces or sth like that.
    Otherwise you can contact Intel, warranty is IIRC three years/ boxed and one year/ tray.
    The Initial value finished
    PI calculation is done!